SUPPORTING OUR COMMUNITY'S MENTAL HEALTH IN A CHALLENGING WORLD
Modern society can be tough, full of pressure, stress, and strain on our mental health. Mental health includes our
emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.
For 2023, through our charitable giving programs, Big Dog’s will be shining a spotlight on the importance of keeping your mental health strong. We’ll be raising funds throughout the year and supporting friends and family in southern Nevada. We’ll be partnering up with the Southern Nevada chapter of N.A.M.I. (National Alliance on Mental Illness) and supporting their programs and utilizing their resources, tips and techniques to help our community mentally thrive in this modern world.
RAISING FUNDS AND AWARENESS
1. Raise money for the Nevada chapter of N.A.M.I. (our community) and the Big Dog’s family.
2. Educate/share with our community information about resources available in support of mental health.
3. Educate/share with our community information about resources available in case of mental health crisis.
1. “Round up” for mental health programs. We’ll ask our customers to round up their checks to the nearest dollar
as a donation to the Be Your Own Best Friend initiative. Big Dog’s will match customer donations up to $250 per
2. “Mental Health” month programs including a special release beer and branded merchandise where the
proceeds will benefit the initiative. (May)
3. “Special Raffle” at each of our quarterly beer fests that will be separate from our regularly scheduled festival
raffles. The Grand Prize will be a Big Dog’s Super Swag basket filled with merchandise, beers, grift cards and a
hosted beer pairing and tasting party in the Big Dog’s Tap Room. All of the proceeds will benefit the initiative.
4. Regular Big Dog’s Brewing Company blog entries and newsletter items highlighting the initiative, N.A.M.I.,
specific resources, and related topics.
5. Special tie-in for our 30th Anniversary celebration in September 2023, which will include events at the brewery
and at select accounts around the Las Vegas valley.