Everything You Need to Know for Saturday’s Peace, Love & Hoppiness Beer Festival!
Our annual Peace, Love & Hoppiness beer fest is THIS WEEKEND!
We’re gonna jam it up and pay homage to two of the best things on earth (in our opinion): hop-forward beers and bold bbq flavors.
Read on for all the info on this momentous and mouth watering beer fest, including the deets on raffle prizes, live music, tantalizing bbq, and what charitable causes we’re supporting this year from the proceeds.
A Doggone Delicious Beer Line Up of 45+ Independent Craft Brewery Beers!
Drum roll, please!
We’re stoked about this year’s line-up — now feast your eyes!
Featured Big Dog’s Brews:
- Big Dog’s “My Nect and Maibock” Maibock Lager
- Big Dog’s “Helles Where the Heart Is” German-style Helles Lager
- Big Dog’s “Cool As A Cucumber” Cucumber-Lime Lager
- Big Dog’s “Mango Habanero Peace Love and Hoppiness” Pale Ale
- Big Dog’s “Raspberry Peace Love and Hoppiness” Pale Ale
- Big Dog’s “Can I Pet That Daawg” Hazy IPA
- Big Dog’s “Bees Knees Maibock” Maibock with Honey, Ginger & Lemon
- Big Dog’s “Ube Your Thirst” Chocolate & Coconut Porter with Ube
- Big Dog’s “Tripel Dog Dare” Belgian-style Tripel
- Big Dog’s “Tripel Threat” Belgian-style Tripel withhibiscus, Pink Peppercorns, & Calamasi Lime Juice
- Big Dog’s “Las Vegas Craft Lager”
- Big Dog’s “Peace Love & Hoppiness” Pale Ale
- Big Dog’s “Tailwagger” Hefeweizen
- Big Dog’s “Red Hydrant” English-style Brown Ale
- Big Dog’s “Dirty Dog” IPA
Nevada Born Taps:
- Able Baker “Peachicot Fluff Fluff” Sour with Marshmallow Fluff
- Astronomy “2 Legs One Foot” Red Ale
- Bad Beat “Guavatational Pull” Pink Boots Wheat with Guava & Mango
- Bad Beat “Hoppy Times” IPA
- Chicago Brewing “Springfest” Lager with Orange Peel & Coriander
- Crafthaus “Cuckoo Dunkel”
- Great Basin” Sun Smack’d” Blood Orange Blonde
- HUDL “Shaggy Assassin” IPA (Idaho 7)
- IMBIB “Plumcot NV Weisse” Berliner Weisse with Plums & Apricots
- Las Vegas Brewing “Chantilly Cream Ale”
- Lead Dog “Fade to Orange” Orange Wheat
- Lovelady Brewing Co. “Anniversary Ale”
- Mojave Brewing “Punk Rock Lemonade” Cider
- Nevadan ” ‘merican Wheat”
- North 5th “Choice Hops & Bottled Self-Esteem”
- Revision “Leafy Greens” IPA
- Tenaya Creek “IPA S.M.A.S.H!” (Mandarina Bavaria)
Craft Guest Taps:
- Ace Cider “High Peach” Peach Cider
- Beer Zombies “End to End Burners #3” Hazy IPA
- Blake’s “Cherry Limeade” Cider
- Boulevard “Tank 7” Saison
- Brewdogs Overworks “Stone & Bramble” Sour
- Deschutes “Tropical Fresh” IPA
- Firestone Walker “Bramblin’ On My Mind” Wild Ale with Marrionberries
- Fremont / Beachwood “Sea Song” IPA
- Modern Times “Infinite Patience” Hazy IPA
- Mother Earth “Cali Creamin Peaches & Cream” Cream Ale
- Pizza Port “Spring Thrills” IPA
- Shiner “Strawberry Blonde”
- Sierra Nevada “Powder Day” IPA
- Trumer “Pilsner”
If you’re all-in, buy your festival package online HERE!
Check Out Our Wag-Worthy Specialty Beers!
Here’s our 10 one-off Big Dog’s specialty brews to take your hop experience to another level.
- My Nect And Maibock:
This brew was created with our friends at 595 Craft Kitchen in celebration of our 30th anniversary using Nectaron and Tettnanger Hallertauer hops. (6.595% ABV)
- Helles Where the Heart is:
This is a classic German style Helles lager made with pilsner malts, Hallertau Mittelfruh hops, and a German yeast strain. It’s wonderfully light and crushable. (5% ABV)
- Tripel Dog Dare- (GABF 2017 GOLD Medal winner):
Tripel Dog Dare is brewed as a Belgian Style Tripel. We used traditional specialty imported hops and barley to replicate this iconic Belgian beer. The beer pours golden and crisp and has a collection of aromas, including citrus, banana, and spice.
You’ll notice a clean and floral hop character, along with an assertive bitterness. Our Tripel has a medium-light mouthfeel and a touch of sweetness. (9% ABV)
- Can I Pet That Daawg?
This is juicy and refreshing. This hazy IPA has a blend of Zappa, Cryo Simcoe, and Idaho 7 hops. Look for notes of citrus fruits and some berry character in the aroma as well. (7% ABV)
- Cool as a Cucumber:
This light-bodied beer has a subtle hint of cucumber and a zesty splash of lime that will quench your thirst and delight your taste buds. Enjoy it on a hot summer day or a cozy night in. (5% ABV)
- Mango Habanero Peace, Love and Hoppiness:
If you’re feeling adventurous, try our mango habanero pale ale. This bold and spicy beer has a fruity aroma and a fiery kick that will challenge your palate and awaken your senses. Made with mango juice and fresh habanero peppers, this beer is not for the faint of heart. But if you like a bit of heat and a lot of flavor, this is the beer for you. (5.8% ABV)
- Raspberry Peace, Love and Hoppiness:
This smooth and balanced beer has a sweet and tart flavor that comes from using real raspberry puree. It also has a perfect subtle bitterness and a crisp finish. (5.5% ABV)
- Bees Knees Maibock:
This is a maibock lager with honey, ginger and lemon. This medium bodied beer has a rich malty taste that is balanced with the sweetness of the honey and the tanginess of the ginger and lemon. (6.5% ABV)
- Tripel Threat:
If you’re looking for a unique and exotic drink, try our Belgian Tripel with hibiscus, pink peppercorn, and calamansi lime juice. This strong and complex beer has a floral and spicy aroma and a citrusy and peppery flavor that will surprise and delight you. The hibiscus adds a beautiful pink color and a subtle tartness, while the pink peppercorn adds a hint of spice. The calamansi lime juice adds a refreshing and sour note that balances the sweetness of the malt. (9% ABV)
- Ube your thirst:
If you’re looking for a dessert in a glass, try our chocolate and coconut porter with ube. This velvety and smooth beer has a deep and malty/roasty flavor that is complemented by the chocolate and coconut. The ube, a purple yam, adds a hint of sweetness and creates a fuller body with a mild dessert like flavor. Our chocolate and coconut porter with ube is the beer for the chocolate lover and the adventurous. (6.2% ABV)
We’re serious about our beer.
We don’t believe in skimping on pours and use 16 oz. pint cups (forget those tiny cups that you down in one sip).
Buy drink tickets in advance here so that you can hit the ground running the day of. We know that 45+ beers is a lot, so your tickets will get you half pours as well so that you can try more!
Drool-Worthy Bbq + Treats for You and Your 4-Legged Friends
We know you’re as excited as us about a festival that’s centered around bbq and beer, and we’ve got some mouthwatering deliciousness this year — BBQ Tri Tip Sandwiches and Tangerine Cascabel Glazed Chicken Tortas!
On top of that, grab the most maddening mouth watering cookies from Dough2Door, and homemade dog treats made with recycled beer grain from 2 Pupz Confectionary!
Jam Out to Local Live Music & Jump in on Raffle Prizes
We’ve always featured at least two sizzling hot bands at each of our on-site festivals since 2010, and you won’t want to miss this year’s lineup — Sunrise Sunset (3pm-5pm) and Wild Horse (5pm-8pm)!
On top of sipping top-notch beer, dancing to live local jams, and snacking on succulent bbq, we’ll have a plethora of prizes for you to win from which the proceeds support local charities.
Prizes include gift cards, “Growlers for a Year”, coveted beer swag, big screen televisions, gift sets, and other things that you’ll actually want (no skimping out here either).
You can check out the last festival’s prizes here closer to the date to see what this year’s bounty will be for Peace, Love & Hoppiness.
If you’re all in, get the raffle tickets the day of or grab in a festival package HERE!.
Spreading the Love: Every Sip Supports a Local Cause
Because we wouldn’t be here without you guys and the constant support of this community, we always strive to give back.
A dollar of every festival package we sell and the proceeds from the raffle are donated to charity. Our on-site vendors make donations as well.
We’re proud to be part of your community. Since 2010, we’ve donated over $50,000 from our beer fests to charities such as Three Square, the Animal Foundation, Patrick Kelley Youth Foundation, and Keep-a-Breast Cancer Awareness.
This year, proceeds from Peace, Love & Hoppiness will support the Patrick Kelley Youth Foundation. Find out more information about this charity here.
More Shenanigans You Won’t Want to Miss
We’re going to be in serious party mode, and there’s something for the whole family!
107.5 will be joining us as we jam out, as well as a VW van with a photo booth, and we’ll have free doodles from local artist @prettydone and custom shirts!
Basically, it will be our most badass spring beer fest yet.
Hit the Ground Running
We want to keep things simple so that you have only the best beerfest experience, so we use tickets instead of cash at our festival beer tents.
On top of that, score your own check-in tent upon arrival, and get straight to beer-drinking business when you purchase packages early!
If you’re all-in, buy your festival package online HERE!