JOIN US FOR A delicious SPECIAL tasting EVENT FEATURING AMERICAN HEROES, INCREDIBLE WHISKIES AND STORIES FROM THE FRONT LINES OF THE WAR ON TERROR.
"Whiskey & War Stories" to take over Big Dog's Tap Room on Monday, March 6th
We’re super stoked about our all-new Big Dog’s Tap Room, located at the Draft House Barn and Casino in fabulous Las Vegas, Nevada. Not only is it a cool place to enjoy the best of Big Dog’s award-winning handcrafted beers, it’s also a cool place to hang out, sip on a premium spirit or two, and enjoy special tasting and pairing events.
Our first VERY SPECIAL special event for our new tap room is coming on Monday, March 6th from 6-8 pm. “Horse Soldier” is a line up of bourbons brought to you by veteran Green Beret American heroes that lead America’s response in the days after 9/11. Hear their stories, enjoy their three offerings (along with a paired appetizer from Chef Serg,) and go home with a signed bottle of this delicious bourbon!
Meet the Legendary Men of Horse Soldier Bourbon
The story of Horse Soldier Bourbon is one that will grab your attention. The brotherhood behind Horse Soldier Bourbon was forged in fire during the first days after the 9/11 attacks. Immediately following this affront on our nation, the USA responded with a daring insertion of small teams of Green Berets into northern Afghanistan. The Northern Alliance successfully overthrew Mazar-i-Sharif, a Taliban stronghold, with the support of these brave men. This region’s inhospitable, mountainous terrain made efforts and enemy engagements on wild Afghan horses a necessity for one Special Operations team (ODA595). Nicknamed the “Horse Soldiers”, all these brave men are honored today by America’s Response Monument overlooking “Ground Zero” in New York City.
These legendary heroes continue to live legendary lives by instilling family values, adventurous spirits, and pride into Horse Soldier Bourbon Whiskey.
What to expect @ Whiskey & War Stories
Be sure to buy your tickets as soon as possible as supplies are limited. Each ticket package will get you:
- Sampling of each expression of Horse Soldier Bourbon.
- Paired appetizer by Chef Sergio Meza
- Signed bottle of Horse Soldier Bourbon of your choice
- Admission to “War Stories” presentation program
- One pour of a delicious Big Dog’s Tap room beers
- Two valuable coupons for Big Dog’s that can be redeemed through March 31st
Three Different Horse Soldier Choices
Once you decide you want to attend “Whiskey & War Stories,” you need to go to our special website page and choose your tasting package. The difference in prices is simply based on which expression of a signed Horse Soldier Bourbon bottle you’ll be taking home with you at the conclusion of the event.
(1) Reserve Signed Bottle | Tasting | Pairing $95+tax
Reserve Barrel Strength Bourbon Whiskey Signed Bottle 110 Proof
DISTILLER SAYS: EXTRAORDINARILY COMPLEX WITH NOTES OF VANILLA, GINGER, AND CHERRIES. THIS BARREL STRENGTH “WHEATED” BOURBON IS MADE FROM SMALL BATCHES OF METICULOUSLY BLENDED MATURE WHISKEY. HORSE SOLDIER® BOURBON IS NON-CHILL FILTERED TO PROVIDE A FULL-BODIED AND DECADENT FINISH.
(2) Signed Bottle| Tasting | Pairing $85+tax
Signature Barrel Small Batch Bourbon Whiskey Signed Bottle 95 Proof
DISTILLER SAYS: EXTRAORDINARILY COMPLEX WITH NOTES OF VANILLA, GINGER, AND CHERRIES. THIS “WHEATED” BOURBON IS MADE FROM SMALL BATCHES OF METICULOUSLY BLENDED MATURE WHISKEY. HORSE SOLDIER® BOURBON IS NON-CHILL FILTERED TO PROVIDE A FULL-BODIED AND DECADENT FINISH.
(3) Premium Signed Bottle| Tasting | Pairing $75+tax
Premium Straight Bourbon Whiskey Signed Bottle 87 Proof
DISTILLER SAYS: OUR TRADITIONAL STRAIGHT BOURBON IS UNDENIABLY SMOOTH AND MADE FROM SMALL BATCHES OF 2-4 YEAR OLD WHISKEY. DOUBLE GOLD MEDAL WINNER AT 2019 SAN FRANCISCO WORLD SPIRITS COMPETITION. HORSE SOLDIER® BOURBON IS NON-CHILL FILTERED TO PROVIDE A FULL BODIED AND DECADENT FINISH.
Other Event Notes
- While the paired appetizer is included in the ticket price, it is good to know that the full menu is available for separate purchase.
- This event is limited to those that have purchased a pairing package that includes the signed bottle. The Tap Room/Brewery Barn will be closed for this special event. Non-event seating will be available in the bar and dedication rooms.
- The number of bottles available for signing is limited. Therefore, interested buyers are encouraged to secure their tickets and bottles as soon as possible.